- Lifematters is committed to a creating an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity and are free from unlawful discriminatory practices.
- Lifematters expects that all dealings among individuals associated with the company, whether as employees, vendors or customers, to be business-like and free of explicit bias, prejudice, and harassment.
- Lifematters has developed this policy to ensure that all its constituents can participate in an environment free from unlawful harassment, discrimination, and retaliation, and are aware that any complaint in violation of such policies will be investigated and resolved appropriately.
In accordance with federal and state law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Lifematters does not discriminate on basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, handicap, or age.
- This policy applies to all employees and applicants, whether related to conduct engaged in by management, fellow employees, contractors or by someone not directly supervised by Lifematters (e.g., an outside vendor or consultant), during the course of performing their job or in employment actions.
- This policy applies to the provision of services to our customers, prospective customers and their representatives and families.
- This policy addresses conduct in the workplace, including the care setting during the provision of services, and in any work-related setting outside the workplace, such as business trips, business meetings and business-related social events.
- A copy of this policy will be included in the new client information packet distributed to all clients at the start of their engagement so that they are aware of the policy.
- All employees will receive a copy of this policy at the start of their employment and sign an acknowledgement (whether electronically or in writing) indicating so, and will sign an annual reminder to reinforce the policy.
- Lifematters will include the non-discrimination policy statement and, where appropriate, a link to the full policy, in all brochures, media notices and posters.
- A copy of this policy will be posted in all offices in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Any customer or employee who has questions or concerns about these policies may speak with the Director of Human Resources and/or the Chief Operating Officer.
- Lifematters’ Policy on Reporting Incidents and Prohibition on Retaliation is incorporated herein.