We are using an android based smartphone, but this would be a similar process on your iPhone as well.
Just go to your Play Store app or Apple App Store and type in the name “AlayaCare” in the search bar.
Android Users: Choose and click the dark blue icon that has the letter A on it.
iPhone Users: Choose and click the orange and blue icon that has the letter A on it.
Click on “install” and wait until the download is complete. Then click on “Open” and wait until you get to the page that says “Welcome!”.
In the field that says:
“Please enter your company server name“, please type in:
You have just completed downloading our new app.
Once downloading the app is complete and you have entered the server’s name correctly, click on the AlayaCare app.
You should be getting a log in screen.
Type in your email address in the field that says “Email”, make sure to use the e-mail you provided in the form we asked you to submit via text message.
Enter your password that was provided via email and text message.
Then click on “LOG IN WITH ALAYACARE”.
Click on “OK” to enable your location services which is your GPS. Then swipe the button next to “Off” until it shows “On”. Go back to the app & click on “Allow” for the app to access the device’s location.
Congratulations! You are logged into our app!
First – open the main menu and click on Tasks.
Second – Click on the “Confirm Login” task
Third – Read the “Details” of the task and click “Close”
To view previously closed, pending, rejected, and on hold tasks click on the drop down menu.
After You were assigned with shift offers by our office.
Click on the app and the first page that you will see will be your schedule.
If not, just go to the menu by clicking on the icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
Click on “Schedule” and you will be able to see your upcoming shifts that you were approved for.
After you have already successfully logged in, in the past, go into the app again.
Click on the menu icon on the top left corner of your screen & choose “Schedule”.
You can navigate through your schedule by swiping your screen to the right to see past shifts or to the left to see future shifts you are assigned to.
Click on the visit you are about to clock in to.
You will see 2 clocks icons, the green is used to “Clock In” and the one next to it, which is now grayed out, is used to “Clock Out”.
Click on the green clock icon.
The bar on top will turn green, the “Clock In” clock will turn gray and the “Clock Out” clock will turn red.
You will not be able to “Clock Out” of a shift unless you have completed all of your Daily Activities, so go to the “SERVICE TASK” tab and make sure to check all the activities you have completed on the visit. A separate tutorial video on how to manage your Daily Activities is also available. After doing so, in order to “Clock Out” go to the “Info” tab and click on the red clock icon in the “Info” page, and you are done.
- Open the AlayaCare app.
- After you accepted a shift offer and it was approved by our office, click on the menu icon on the top left corner of your screen and choose “Schedule”.
- Here you will see the shifts you have been assigned to.
- You can navigate through the schedule to see past shifts as far as 4 days back & future shifts as far as 7 days ahead.
- Click on the shift you want to clock into.
- You can also use the “Reload” option to refresh your page.
- The first page that opens is the client’s information page. If it is not, just click on the “INFO” tab.
- Click on the green clock icon.
- Once you are clocked in, go to your “SERVICE TASKS” tab to view your Daily Activities.
- You can see them under the headline “Interventions (ADL’s)”.
- Once you are ready to record your Daily Activities you need to tap on the left checkbox next to every activity you completed during your visit.
- If you do not complete a Daily Activity you must add a comment to explain and justify why you did not complete it.
- To add a comment, tap on the Comment icon for the Daily Activity, type in the comment, and click on “SAVE”.
- A check mark will appear on the Comment icon.
- You will not be able to clock out of a shift without completing your daily activities or without leaving an explanation on why you could not or did not complete one.
- If you completed any additional Daily Activities during the visit, you can manually add it if from the Daily Activity Plan of the client.
- Just tap on the plus icon at the bottom right corner of your screen, and then add any Daily Activity. In this example, “Toileting”.
- Click on “APPLY” and don’t forget to check the checkbox next to “Toileting” as well.
- Please note that you cannot delete a Daily Activity that was already attached to your visit before you clocked in.
- After clocking out you can check the Daily Activities that were completed, as well as the related comments, by going to the Service Tasks tab.
You need to learn how to clock in / out every shift and complete your Service Tasks (care notes) in order to get paid properly.
For the first few weeks, you can call client services in case you forget to clock in / out and complete your service tasks (care notes).
After you have successfully logged in, in the past, go into the app again.
Then click on the menu icon on your upper left corner and choose “Offers”.
In this page you will be able to see your offered shifts.
In here you can see:
- The frequency of the offer, for example, whether if it’s a “Single Visit” or “Every Week”.
- You can see the working hours, for example, 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm or 1:00 pm to 5 pm. –
- You can see the Date, for example October 1st.
- You can see your due date, meaning the last date you can approve the shift.
Click on a shift that you are interested in, to be able to see more information about the client. Until you accept an offer & get approved by our office, you will not be able to see the client’s name and address.
Inside you can see:
- The due date – until when you can accept the offer.
- Additional risks, for example, a big dog, known allergies of the client, whether the client has an infectious disease, general information like if there is an elevator or not, environment notes such as if there is a 2-hour parking limit & more.
- You can also see the shift’s hours.
If you scroll down, you can see the approximate location of the client.
You can accept an offer by clicking on the “Thumbs Up” icon on the upper right side of the screen.
After accepting an offer, the “Thumbs Up” icon will turn green.
Now you will need to wait for an approval from our office that you have been assigned to the shift.
To check if an accepted shift was assigned to you by our office you need to go to the menu again and click on “Schedule” to see your approved shift.
After you have already successfully logged into the app in the past, open the AlayaCare app, click on the menu icon at the top left corner of your screen & choose “My Profile”.
The first page that shows up presents you the weekly number of hours you already completed.
If you click on “VIEW MORE” you will see a daily detailed description of your work hours.
You can also access your daily hours so far by tapping on the small arrow at the top of the screen and choose “Hours Today”.
In this tutorial I will show you how to access the AlayaCare support page and get answers to questions you might have, while Lifematters are not available.
After you have already successfully logged into the app in the past, open the AlayaCare app and click on the three dots at the top right corner of your screen.
Once the menu window opens, choose “Online Help” and you will be referred to the AlayaCare question and answers page that relates specifically to the mobile app.
You can also search a topic by clicking on the magnifying glass icon on the top right corner of your screen and type in the topic you need help with. Then click on the question that is similar to yours and you will get a step by step answer.
Yes – you can practice with the app at any time by switching to our testing server. The information is 1 day behind.
REMEMBER TO SWITCH BACK TO REGULAR SERVER AFTER YOU ARE DONE TESTING!
First – sign out of the current session.
Second – change servers by clicking “Incorrect Server Name?”
Third – enter test server name lifematters.staging.alayacare.com
Fourth – login with your email and password.
REMEMBER TO SWITCH BACK TO REGULAR SERVER AFTER YOU ARE DONE TESTING!
To change your email and/or password please contact Human Resources at (703) 839-8000
For all other questions/issues with the Alayacare app, please schedule a help session.
We have launched a mobile app!
And your job is about to get a whole lot easier! Lifematters is deploying Alayacare – an easy and feature-rich app that is available on both smartphones and tablets.
Alayacare smartphone application has complete case management capabilities – including:
- Initial Client Assessment forms
- Change in Condition forms
- Risk Assessment forms
- Wound Care
- Medication Management
- Medication Reminder
- Vitals Tracking
- Other Care Documentation
Clock In / Out
Clock in and out of a shift with a single tap. It’s never been easier!
Case Offers / Acceptance
Get details about a case in the app and let us know if you want the job!
Easy Caregiver Notes
Complete care notes directly in the app and don’t worry about sending anything to the office.
View & Plan your Schedule / Tasks
View your weekly schedule, complete tasks, and know where you’re going!